logo
menu

Biomass boiler blaze reached commercial building in Shropshire, UK

news item image


A blaze from a biomass boiler spread to a commercial building in Shropshire, UK, leading to fire crews being called, reported the BBC.
The Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service attended SJ Roberts Construction Ltd in Marton on the evening of 6 March.
The biomass boiler was alight, with a large storage unit being affected.
Station Manager Darren Salvoni said the fire was "well-developed" by the time emergency crews arrived, according to the BBC.
"Fortunately no one was hurt as a result of the fire but there is significant damage to the building," he said.
"A fire investigation was carried out and we believe the fire started accidentally in a piece of machinery and spread to the rest of the building."
A fire service spokesperson said a crew from Shropshire Fire remained at the scene damping down, added the broadcaster.











221 queries in 0.459 seconds.